Monday, March 26, 2007

Organic Lawn Care

It's that time of year - tune up your lawn mower and get out your fertilizers. Wait, before you get out your fertilizers, do a little research into natural or organic lawn care and make some educated decisions about your lawn. Or, just use this search that I already did for you.
There are some easy basics that everyone can use even if still using petro-based fertilizers and pesticides: mow to about 3", water thoroughly only once per week.
Looking for an organic lawn service to replace Chemlawn? I heard a radio ad for Child's Play Organic Lawns while driving through South Bend, IN. Unfortunately they're a little far from my place, and I like to do it myself anyway. The search I linked above and the Child's Play site are both good resources for you if you're interested in not only reducing harmful chemical exposure to your family, pets, and the environment, but if you simply want a healthier and less maintenance-extensive lawn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the endorsement. In fine tuning my web site I came across your post. I'm glad you find the site useful. My goal was/is to consolidate lawn care information into a central spot.