Thursday, December 21, 2006

Green Travel - More

So I just learned that one of my good buddies left yesterday from SLC heading east across Colorado. Yes, the same Colorado that is completely shut down due to an enormous snow storm. Send out the search parties.
After my earlier post, I figured I needed to try to find some resources for those not traveling in Michigan, and then realized that many people are changing travel plans right now due to a huge ski destination being shut down for a couple days.
So below you'll find a list of sites that list more hotels that are getting green under a variety of different programs. Supporting them is one small way to reduce your impacts.
US & Canada: Terrachoice
Florida: DEP
Cali: CIWMB
Worldwide: Greenhotels
Pennsylvania: DEP
And finally, the Green Lodging News - see what this hotelier's group is talking about

No comments: