Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Organic Cotton

I don't believe one can talk about organic cotton without mentioning Patagonia. While they could never have made the conversion without the smaller companies that started the trend and the existing organic farmers, Patagonia kicked the trend into a higher gear. Since then, organic cotton has sprouted up almost everywhere you turn.

I got a very nice organic cotton blanket for my daughter from WalMart, where there is also a decent selection of organic cotton baby clothes.

One of my favorite brands, Speesees, uses fair-trade organic cotton for some very clever kids clothes.

Gaiam, another fav green shopping site, has organic cotton clothes among everything else green. My wife is wearing some organic cotton pants from there right now.

Organic Cotton yarn, fabric, batting, etc. is also available online for the do-it-yourselfers at places like earth friendly yarns and sewshoppe.

No comments: